Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Choosing a Console
10-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Choosing a Console
Hey fellas and ladies. I enjoy games a lot. (obviously)

but it has been a while since I was last actively monitoring the video game circuit, if it can be called such.

I got married, got a real job, had a kid and am waiting for the second to arrive later this month.

So life is good! I've kept on playing board games because it's a lot more social but I haven't been playing video games since the later days of the Xbox360. I was last really big into Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and Minecraft before rearranging my priorities for about 2 years.

Anyway, in the meantime, I have not kept up on anything related to video games. I was thinking about jumping back in and picking up a new console this coming Winter or maybe early next spring depending on my schedule but I have no idea on how to make a choice. I googled Xbox vs PS4 but it only brought up ancient launch related articles which don't really have any impact on decision making on what to buy a year + later.

So do you all have any advice? -
  • How do the two system's online networks compare?
  • From a Hardware perspective how do the two systems compare?
  • From a software (games) perspective how do they match up?
  • Any personal preferences? please mention them!
  • From experienced gamers, are the new systems worth picking up compared to a portable system like the PSP or Gameboy or the current Nintendo system, or even the old Xbox360 again
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Choosing a Console - Raynor - 10-15-2014 01:53 PM
RE: Choosing a Console - mqstout - 10-15-2014, 03:00 PM
RE: Choosing a Console - Raynor - 10-18-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: Choosing a Console - mqstout - 10-19-2014, 01:43 AM
RE: Choosing a Console - Raynor - 04-23-2015, 01:05 AM
RE: Choosing a Console - mqstout - 04-23-2015, 02:47 AM