Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Do you give new gamers a chance?
Yes I practically give them the game. They could be future gaming buddies.
Maybe a little. I explain the rules. Answer all questions truthfully but don't give them an easy win.
Not really. After explaining the rules I try my utmost to win. Learn the hard way. That's how it was back in the day.
NO 'EFFIN WAY. MY GAME MY RULES. I PLAY TO WIN. I'M THE BEST GAMER I KNOW IN FACT I'M THE ONLY GAMER I KNOW (sigh...)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New players: Should gamers give them a chance?
11-28-2014, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2014 09:51 AM by spiritusXmachina.)
RE: New players: Should gamers give them a chance?
If you want to build up a gaming community you'll have to give Newbies a chance. (And you will want to - playing Board Games Solitaire is not too much fun!)
Tell the Newbies where they nearly forgot an opportunity but leave them room to find their own style.
Loss or Win is not so much of an issue (esp. with LNOE) as long as it was a tight, thrilling game. Making games too easy will keep the newbies thinking the game is boring, crushing the opponent will frustrate them (and in the end shows more of your personality than of your gaming skills... As a teenager I might have tried to crush opponents but that is long ago... ;-)).

Greetings,
Gerald
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New players: Should gamers give them a chance? - spiritusXmachina - 11-28-2014 09:50 AM