Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blocked Roads - affect shortest path to Town Hall?
12-14-2014, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2014 04:08 PM by ATOEtalGeek.)
Blocked Roads - affect shortest path to Town Hall?
I haven't found this addressed anywhere. Looking for a concensus, short of an official answer.

We know from The Coast rule book that Blocked Roads stop Minion (and Hero) movement. What I'd like to know though is does it alter the short path to Town Hall?

Let's say there is a Blocked Road between the Olde Woods and the Covered Bridge. Because it is being diplaced, a Minion at the Olde Woods must move toward Town Hall. Which direction must it go?

If it ignores the Blocked Road in determining shortest path then it must move toward the Blocked Road. It can't however as it is stopped by it, which would mean it can't be displaced, which means the displacing Minion cannot be placed - so the Shadow Track would move 1 Step toward Darkness. If the original Mininon was simply moving though then it would just not move.

Another scenario - A Blocked Road is adjacent the Fields. Do you even need to roll to determine the route a displaced (or moving) Minion must take?

What are everyone's thoughts?

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Blocked Roads - affect shortest path to Town Hall? - ATOEtalGeek - 12-14-2014 04:05 PM