Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Protective storage solution but still usign the box/artwork
12-19-2014, 05:51 PM
Protective storage solution but still usign the box/artwork
I was curious of anybody may have suggestions for me. I bring my games back and forth to a game night. In order to be able to bring a number of options, I bring them in a big travel suitcase. Unfortunately, this has caused some of the boxes to bounce around a bit and get a little beaten up. I'd like to be able to avoid this, but I don't want to completely get rid of the boxes.

For some of my games that have A LOT of components (ex: Last Night On Earth and Zombicide) I have eliminated a lot of the boxes with the goal of getting everything to fit in as few as possible and take up as little space as possible. But, I always make sure that the main box I use for any game is one of the actual boxes. In other words, I don't put everything into a storage container that becomes my new box for that game. I maybe have all the miniatures in a storage solution and the other stuff in the actual box, for example. At least this way it still has the feel of the actual game.

So, I'd like to be able to continue to do that, but not have it ruin the boxes.

One thought I had was getting a wooden box that is the same size and depth and then just basically putting the wooden box inside the game box. On the outside, it would look like it is just the game box, but it would have the wood inside it to protect it.

I don't really know how to build something like that, so buying it would probably be my only option. Don't even know if you really can find something that specific, though.

Anybody have thoughts/suggestions on how to possibly solve this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Protective storage solution but still usign the box/artwork - StayPuft - 12-19-2014 05:51 PM