Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Monster: Darkstone Scorpions
04-28-2015, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2015 02:28 AM by gavindowning.)
New Monster: Darkstone Scorpions
I've been playtesting these in some of my games, and I've been pleased with how they're coming together so far; they're designed to be roughly as difficult as a Void Spider. Opinions are welcome.

Suggested miniature: Vermin: Scorpions from Bones

The explosion of Brimstone didn't just open portals to other worlds; local wildlife was also affected. In recent months, a new species of scorpion has been seen in the dark stone mines. The Darkstone Scorpions have mutated into a new type of arachnid, wholly different from their mundane bark scorpion relatives; their very exoskeleton has merged with the dark stone. While their carapaces can sometimes be scavenged for the precious stone, they are not typically considered a reliable source. They can, however, be a sign of a rich vein nearby -- or perhaps a once-rich vein that has been picked clean by the predatory arachnids.
Darkstone scorpions are both aggressive and deadly, and they have grown as large as a good-sized cat. This is a terrifying combination, and they typically can be found in swarms throughout the mine and the lands surrounding them. Their toxic sting, enhanced by the power of the dark stone, is painful and potentially lethal, and their terrifying pincers allow them to grab hold of their victims before lashing out with their barbed tail.

Low Threat card: 1 Fleshmaw and (P) Darkstone Scorpions
Low Threat card: (P) Darkstone Scorpions and (P) Tentacles
Low Threat card: 6 Darkstone Scorpions
Medium Threat card: 12 Darkstone Scorpions
Medium Threat card: (P)(P) Darkstone Scorpions and (P)(P) Void Spiders
Medium Threat card: (P)(P) Darkstone Scorpions
High Threat Card: 6 Stranglers and 12 Darkstone Scorpions
High Threat Card: (P) Stranglers, (P) Tentacles, and (P)(P) Darkstone Scorpions

[Image: 202410_800.gif] [Image: 202685_800.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread