Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Oh Dis Sure is a Treat
09-23-2009, 04:01 AM
RE: Oh Dis Sure is a Treat
So far I'm a bit underwhelmed by the game....

I'm disappointed that it doesn't just have ODST multiplayer, deathmatch style. There is FIREFIGHT, which is the Halo version of Gears Of War Horde, but that's not quite the same. Why no version of Capture the Flag, or King of the Hill?

How cool would it have been to play as a ODST and seeing how long you could last against a Spartan?

The second disk contains all the maps for HALO, but I already had a majority of those. It's a nice addition, but seemed as if there were much more areas that could have been explored here.

The game 'feels' like an expansion pack for HALO 3, yet still commands a hefty full game price.

The single player game....I've only played through a little bit here. It's much too dark in areas, even with the 'VISR' equipped. And while I don't feel like the bad ass Spartan, I didn't quite feel like a 'rookie' either. Of course Helljumpers are supposed to be the 'best of the best'.

Also slightly disappointed in the Enemy AI. While this could get better on harder levels (I'm only on NORMAL) Several times, I saw a brute just running into a wall, like a sitting duck. Also, even after taking a few pot shots at the Covenant troops they conveniently forgot about me when I dropped into the shadows.

Take it all with a grain of salt, as I'm not too far into the game yet....Hopefully, my initial impressions will change. I'm a huge fan of the HALO universe, and really really WANT to like this game.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Oh Dis Sure is a Treat - zombie67 - 09-22-2009, 02:37 PM
RE: Oh Dis Sure is a Treat - Sarku - 09-22-2009, 05:57 PM
RE: Oh Dis Sure is a Treat - supervike - 09-23-2009 04:01 AM
RE: Oh Dis Sure is a Treat - zombie67 - 09-23-2009, 01:17 PM
RE: Oh Dis Sure is a Treat - supervike - 09-23-2009, 06:37 PM
RE: Oh Dis Sure is a Treat - deadrabbit - 12-02-2009, 08:53 PM
RE: Oh Dis Sure is a Treat - deadrabbit - 12-03-2009, 01:01 AM
RE: Oh Dis Sure is a Treat - SPARTAN VI - 12-03-2009, 05:11 PM