Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lights Out - New Rule
03-16-2023, 03:50 PM
RE: Lights Out - New Rule
WOW, that is exactly what we just came up with for a house rule! Minus one to ranged attack rolls and can only search if you pass a 3+ roll. Heroes normally don't have any need to be more than a space or two from a door, so "lights out" feels like it usually doesn't matter at all. I wanted the Hero team to have a reason to feel a sense of dread, (or at least be mildly concerned,) when the power is cut.

(06-15-2016 02:24 PM)Reurnal Wrote:  Totally agree.
Indeed, I was already playing like that
+ thematically, I was also adding + 1 difficulty to hit.

I also considered making more difficult to find items, for example: If a hero starting his/her movement on a building with: "Lights out", the hero can't search if the move roll is lower than 3.

The malus is removed if the hero has a light item: torch, headlamp, lamp etc... (headlamp should exist as an item!)

Certainly all this made "Lights out" much more powerful, so I also changed the rule of "place in a building of your choice" for "place on a random building".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Lights Out - New Rule - August700212 - 06-15-2016, 03:44 AM
RE: Lights Out - New Rule - ATOEtalGeek - 06-15-2016, 11:15 AM
RE: Lights Out - New Rule - mqstout - 06-15-2016, 02:21 PM
RE: Lights Out - New Rule - Reurnal - 06-15-2016, 02:24 PM
RE: Lights Out - New Rule - Russ - 03-16-2023 03:50 PM
RE: Lights Out - New Rule - Billy Bones - 06-15-2016, 02:46 PM