Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content
08-29-2017, 07:33 PM
RE: 10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content
(08-25-2017 05:54 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  That is a shame. I would LOVE to have the four new heroes... especially considering they are based on Townsfolk already in the game. But... yeah, that price tag for basically just that and pretty much otherwise completely a game I already own.... Not so sure. I too would kill for an expansion pack that just gives you the new stuff.

To be honest, though, I can't entirely blame Flying Frog for that. There are A LOT of games that have done that. Not that it makes it any less frustrating for those of us who already own the game.... but it is not an unusual practice.

StayPuft,

I will point out this: Since they've effectively released the rules for the new Townsfolk-based heroes photographically in the promotional artwork, and since you already have the cardboard tokens representing those Townsfolk from the original base game, there's no reason you can't go ahead and try playing with those four heroes! You've already got what you need. Sure, the miniatures would be nice to have, though! But maybe the Frogs will eventually release an updated second miniatures set for those of us who like to paint... They need to do so anyway because the minitaures set they do have up for sale only includes core + growing hunger. Combining together the Timber Peak, BiTF and these four townsfolk heroes would make a good second set, which would be a set of 12 -- the same as in the first set. (I don't find a need for them to sell the other 8 minis from the Hero Packs standalone, because those are "small products" and you aren't getting much extra besides a few cards when ordering those for painting purposes.)

So put on your Deputy Taylor badge, and go to town! :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content - jeffd1830 - 08-29-2017 07:33 PM