Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timing of Wounds and Valeria
01-05-2014, 09:48 PM
RE: Timing of Wounds and Valeria
(01-05-2014 08:03 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  
(10-07-2009 06:34 PM)Tommy Brownell Wrote:  Okay...

Normally, wounds in excess of your Wound boxes are discarded. Valeria heals d3 wounds at the END of a combat round in which she killed a foe.

If she takes 4 wounds, is the excess wound discarded and THEN she heals? Or does she heal FIRST, and then if still over the wound threshold, she's KOed?

Sorry to bump this old thread but I just stumbled upon this. Is this an assumption or statement of fact that "Normally, wounds in excess of your Wound boxes are discarded." I don't find that in any of the rulebooks. What makes it normal? It is blowing me away becase we have always played that all Hits cause Wounds and all Wounds must be resolved. So if 2 wounds KO's a Hero and he takes 5 wounds he must prevent or cancel 4 wounds/hits to stay upright.

If the Hero gets to ignore 3 of them outright and resolve only 1 to stay upright that is a tremendous difference to the way we have have been playing.

Has this been answered officially? Is there a FAQ or Errata?

Pg 16 & 17 of the rulebook

Quote:If a Hero has Wound markers filling
all of their Wound boxes, then the Hero has been
KO’d.

Quote:When a Hero loses their last wound (has a
Wound marker filling each of their Wound boxes),
the Hero becomes KO’d. Immediately move the
Hero to the Town Hall space and lay them down on
their side to reflect their KO’d status.

No mention made of additional wounds added to the sheet. Normally, I would say you can't get more KO'ed than KO'ed.

HOWEVER, the text of Valeria's Vampire ability reads:

Quote:Automatically heals D3 Wounds at the end of a Fight Round in which she defeated an enemy (this MAY prevent her from being KO'ed). Immune to Curses.

(emphasis mine) The fact that it says it MAY prevent her from being KO'ed seems to imply there is a chance that it MAY NOT. IF you only filled the 3 boxes & discarded the rest you would ALWAYS avoid being KO'ed, since you would heal AT LEAST 1 Wound.

So, in my opinion at least, the implication seems to be you would have to take/heal them all.

Otherwise it seems it should simply say "This prevents her from being KO'ed".

Going back & checking the rules one last time also yielded this (Pg 16)

Quote:Place a Wound
marker next to the Minion or on the Hero’s Character
Sheet for each Hit scored against them.

After this it goes on to say if they take a number of Wounds to fill their boxes they are KO'ed, BUT the fact that it instructs to you to PLACE a number of Wounds EQUAL TO THE NUMBER OF HITS TAKEN. Seems incredibly relevant to this conversation.

So while it may not often have any bearing (as you will lose them all when you revive, Fully Healed from being KO'ed), it seems you take a number of Wounds equal to the number of hits taken.

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Timing of Wounds and Valeria - MoonSylver - 01-05-2014 09:48 PM