Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timing of Wounds and Valeria
01-06-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: Timing of Wounds and Valeria
(01-06-2014 01:32 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  ...in probably 90% of cases the extra wounds would really be irrelevant, because you're either KO'ed or not...

I would say in many cases the extra wounds are relevant. When you play prevention cards or abilities they would apply first to these extra wounds. You need to cancel off the extra wounds plus one to keep from being KO'd. I can see it with Valeria's ability and Isabella's as well as others.

I have seen threads of complaints that Isabella is unbalanced. If you are ignoring the extra hits I can see why one would think that.

Even Karl's ability becomes watered down if your ignoring wounds. "May ignore the first Hit taken during each Fight Round" - hardly matters if you're ignoring all the extra ones anyway. Is he even capable of being KO'd if you're ignoring extra wounds? If he has his remaining wound box open, each round he takes a wound and would be KO'd he ignores it as the first hit in the round, the extras are ignored anyway.

It seems the Hero and Villain abilities are designed on the foundation that all Hits and Wounds have to be resolved and not ignored.

It would be great to get an official clarification on this.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Timing of Wounds and Valeria - ATOEtalGeek - 01-06-2014 10:09 PM