Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timing of Wounds and Valeria
01-08-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: Timing of Wounds and Valeria
Here's another BGG post where Jason acknowledges that the Living Statue Minion must attempt to check off Wounds before they can be ignored. It's consistent with what we've been surmising.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/4235521#4235521

So far it seems the exception is Valeria. It seems he intended/intends her to survive no matter what if she defeats an enemy. If we are to take his 12/27/09 post as errata she would get to ignore extra Wounds then heal D3 of her 1 to 3 Wounds after she defeats an enemy. I can accept that because her ability works either way and it could be her card did not get written the way Jason intended. If you follow what we've been saying and what the rules instruct - that Wounds are only ignored after all cards & abilities are attempted then the "(this may prevent her from being KO'd)" statement works because it's not a guarantee of her surviving the fight. If you follow Jason's wishes per his post you can interpret that as "(this may prevent her form being KO'd)" if she defeats the enemy. So it's still not a guarantee in that sense.

While I was writing this I just picked up on the fact that her card uses the term "enemy", instead of Minion (I had to go back through my paragraph and change all Minions to enemy). This opens her up quite a bit, for example, while fighting a werewolf Hero or even an Evil Elder in a Showdown - which provides some very cool imagery. You can see her in the midst of the battle with the Villain raging, torches and lanterns lay strewn, and the other Heroes surrounding the scene, she is off to one side feasting on an Evil Elder she just killed. You glance over and she gives you this threatening death glare and snarl and goes back to sating herself. Then she's back into the fight, fresh as ever. You make a mental note to always stay on her good side.

I feel good about all this now. My mind's back at ease. I'd like to get all this info up on BGG but not sure how to go about doing that.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Timing of Wounds and Valeria - ATOEtalGeek - 01-08-2014 06:51 PM