Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New game burnout?
01-19-2018, 09:17 PM
RE: New game burnout?
I mean, the sad thing is I WANT to learn new games. Hell, I want to collect and be the one to learn and bring them to the table.... but I just can't motivate myself to read 50 pages of complex rules anymore. I think you may be right, Dwarf. I'm just becoming a grumpy old man in my still relatively kinda youngish age. LOL!

It's just too much. When the rules are THAT long, I find myself reading a bit and then basically my reaction being "HUH?!?!" So I have to re-read and re-read. Then, there is SO MUCH that even if I do finally get through it all.... If I go too long between reading and playing, or go too long between sessions of the game.... too much of it is lost.

I still can't help but look at Last Night On Earth as a great example of what it SHOULD be. Sure, it's not like it is just a little two page thing that is quick to pick up.... but at least it isn't like 50 pages. Not only that, but LNOE, despite being a decent length of a rulebook, can really be essentially boiled down into one or two pages, with the whole big rule book just needed to clarify a few things here and there.

If your game needs 50 pages of complex rules.... maybe the game is too damned complicated. LOL! But...again....maybe I'm just being a grumpy old curmudgeon here. LOL!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New game burnout? - StayPuft - 01-12-2018, 09:33 PM
RE: New game burnout? - Old Dwarf - 01-12-2018, 10:33 PM
RE: New game burnout? - mqstout - 01-14-2018, 05:57 PM
RE: New game burnout? - StayPuft - 01-19-2018 09:17 PM