Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What have I done? (Mansions of Madness 2nd E. All-In)
11-04-2021, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2021 10:06 AM by Raynor.)
What have I done? (Mansions of Madness 2nd E. All-In)
So I had a friend who Looooooooved Mansions of Madness. He was a huge fan of the 1st e back in the day, ignoring our complaints about setup for that edition of the game. As 2nd edition came out, he got it and every expansion as it came out, some of which have since gone out of print. It was the first game he painted in its entirety, and he had the entire thing in a Feldherr organization system. It was his favorite game until Gloomhaven came out and even then it remained in his top 3 for as long as I can remember. We often argued about how short sighted the other person was for liking/not liking A Touch of Evil or Mansions of Madness more.

Well... times change. AH3E and the AHLCG came out, which he loves, and he's slowly come to resent having to pull out the app. Finally, the unthinkable happened and he decided to sell the entire lot.

Well, maybe I'm sentimental... because I panicked when he went from talking about it to posting it to ebay, and offered to swap him an old EDH project with a bunch of valuable magic cards for the set. Now I have literally everything for the game.

Since the behemoth collection actually arrived in a Feldherr duffel bag I've begun having second thoughts. It's a ridiculous amount of stuff.

I had often considered picking up just the core set but relied on him to just play the game when the mood struck up until now, which hasn't actually been that many times. We have a lot of games and live pretty far away from one another.

I know I've seen a few folks on here talk about enjoying different versions of the game, so I was wondering what you all might think. Did I make a good decision here, or am I victim of poor impulse control? I usually do a lot of research into a game and its expansions before diving in anywhere near this level, but skipped that step in this case to save the game from ebay, so I don't know much about how the expansions were received.

So, if you've played it, what are your thoughts on this game? Is it a game worth having everything for? Or was it a mistake to pick up this much of it?

Where should I start playing the scenarios and is there a recommended order to play them in? Also, any experience organizing or pulling pieces to set up? The Feldherr is hardly storage friendly. Seems to be geared a lot more towards transport safety with tons of foam bloating the footprint massively. Reminds me a lot of what I had to deal with Last Night on Earth before the 10th Anniversary box came out, and I had a lot of experience keeping that game organized through playing the game as it came out.

phew... sorry for the long post. Just questioning my judgement as I stare at a giant pile of Cthulu stuff. This thing takes up more space than everything for A Touch of Evil and Last Night on Earth put together!! I'm having flashbacks to when Shadows of Brimstone showed up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What have I done? (Mansions of Madness 2nd E. All-In) - Raynor - 11-04-2021 07:29 AM