Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are the majority of Flying Frog's games, dead games?
01-06-2023, 03:03 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2023 03:10 AM by Raynor.)
RE: Are the majority of Flying Frog's games, dead games?
Agreed. As fun as expansions are, I’d love to see them make more new games. Game design has rocketed forward in the last decade. I didn’t like the original Zombicide all that much more than LNoE but one company kept iterating and the other didn’t. Now, thanks to all the later versions, Zombicide is my preferred zombie game.

You can see the huge strides they made in design between SoB and Forbidden Fortress, but even that is a 5 years old innovation on a 9 year old system. I’d really like to see them try something completely new as a team. They have perfect aesthetic sensibilities and with all they’ve learned I’d love to see what they would choose to do now.

I still remember how incredibly excited I was when the Shadows of Brimstone project was first revealed. I think the game turned out really well. Dungeon crawling is like my 2nd favorite genre after adventure games like AToE. But I’d love to see them unleash that level of creative new energy again on something else entirely unique like they used to.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the majority of Flying Frog's games, dead games? - Raynor - 01-06-2023 03:03 AM