Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advanced Heroquest Ultimate Project (begins after 33 Years)
09-03-2023, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2023 07:37 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Advanced Heroquest Ultimate Project (begins after 33 Years)
Hi again, next up is our filthy, stinking Skaven warriors. These are the basic troop type that are thrown at you to slaughter in droves. The game contained 20 plastic miniatures. Each Skaven had exactly the same sculpt but their weapons were slightly different so you could have 5 weapon types (although all the weapons had the same rules). There was a sprue of different shields you could use too.

I really didn't want to paint 20 models that were exactly the same so I bought this Skaven kit which contained all the parts to make 20 Skaven miniatures and no Skaven would be the same as these were multi-part kits containing loads of different heads, weapons, legs and torsos. I also added to the bases with broken rusty weapons, skulls, rats, blood spills etc.

The reason these bases are brown is they'll match the junction tiles for the game plus I wanted all my enemy types to have the same colour bases.

Warriors = brown bases
Sentries = blue bases
Champions = yellow bases
Special Skaven Types = green bases
Warlords = Red bases
Skaven Characters = Cream bases

I picked a colour scheme that I enjoyed painting (this really helps when painting lots of figures). I think black and yellow looks striking and I kept the colour palette the same across the whole lot. This would make them look like more of a swarm.

I also had some early metal Citadel miniatures from the mid 80's. I picked a few up too that I could find at a reasonable price. Most of these were painted terribly so I ended up stripping them and repainting. The shields are from the original game.

I now had my 20 individual Skaven Warriors all eager to murderise anyone foolish enough to invade their lair.

Thanks for looking everyone.Watchmen02

If you like my work please visit my Tomb http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Forum-The-Tomb
For painting articles visit A Brush with Death http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Foru...with-Death
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Heroquest Ultimate Project (begins after 33 Years) - samuraitrev - 09-03-2023 06:58 PM