Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The "end" of a Flying Frog game
01-17-2010, 12:12 AM
The "end" of a Flying Frog game
I saw this over on BGG and thought it was interesting. Any thoghts?
Quote:This is intended to be an open discussion about the following topic. I had an interesting thought the other day -- when will Flying Frog "end" a game, as in no more expansions? What first made me wonder this is the ATOE game board. The original game board had an open-ended road, which connects to the expansion board, which also has an open-ended road. Most people believe that the next board will be the sea coast, "ending" the map. So where do we go from there? Alternate boards? More Hero Pack type expansions ("Hero Pack 1" implies a "Hero Pack 2")? More web suppliments?

My point is, eventually there will seem to be enough to have a compete game. Otherwise, there could be a 200-card Mystery deck, etc. This also obviously applies to LNOE, which is why I posted it here. When are there going to be "enough" cards? Already, people are saying that the decks are getting enormous with all the expansions and suppliments. Where do you think they're going to go? More SOTF-type expansions, with new decks like the survival deck, which is a separate deck?

You can see where I'm gong here. Do games like LNOE and ATOE come to a natural end, where the company goes on to a new game, or do they keep expanding forever? Some would call this "milking," while others would say the more the merrier.

I'm interested to hear what people think, and if Flying Frog feels like chiming in, all the better.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The "end" of a Flying Frog game - theconcerned - 01-17-2010 12:12 AM