Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bases and varnishing guide. With 4 VIDEOS
05-11-2012, 08:50 PM
RE: Bases and varnishing guide, protect and improve the look of your models!!
(05-11-2012 09:27 AM)Emp Wrote:  Just picked up some static grass so I will be giving this a try soon.

A little question though, do you varnish the bases (+ figure) after you put on the grass? Or do you apply the grass after everything is varnished? Probzbly the last, right?

Varnish the base with static grass and figure. Don't forget to blow off any remaining grass as the stuff will stick to your model too (Hey they said it was static!) before you varnish. This sounds like a no brainer but if you varnish over a bit of static grass it's staying there and that physically hurts.
Another good reason to varnish the grass too is it will be held in place and prevent base baldness. Hope this helps sir.Zombie13

Thanks phantomninja you're very welcome. Have a check in A Brush with Death sub-section of my tomb it's crammed full of guide goodies!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bases and varnishing guide, protect and improve the look of your models!! - samuraitrev - 05-11-2012 08:50 PM