Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
We should have a 'Custom hero"competition
02-26-2011, 09:17 PM
RE: We should have a 'Custom hero"competition
(02-26-2011 09:24 AM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  Sarcasm...
Yes, my sense of humor is often sarcastic.
(02-26-2011 09:24 AM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  how original...
It's true, I didn't invent it. Also, I'm apparently not as well versed a user of it as I thought since I seem to be coming off a lot more agro than I intend.
(02-26-2011 09:24 AM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  I have played exactly once in the last 2 years... Tonight... And have forgotten a lot. Used a fan made rules summery tonight too which did not contain all the terms used. I looked it up myself... Thanks for not helping.
OK well, I can totally understand someone forgetting what the "black zone" is. Heck, even if you do play regularly, it's not like it comes up all that often. I realize that the subtext of my remark could be something like "Well, duh!" But that wasn't what I was going for. I was just amusing myself, (and, I had hoped, others,) by being a...
(02-26-2011 04:50 PM)Sarku Wrote:  Smart ass... Watchmen02
I was pretty sure someone would remind you what it meant in a short order, and thankfully I was right, (way to step up, Alice!) I'd also like to point out that, at the time I wrote that comment, I hadn't yet looked on the other thread to see that I'd already been spoken to for making fun of Steve (and Orguss.) I admit, I pushed that one too far. I just wanted to share the laugh with other people, but it WAS a laugh at someone else's expense, so I really should have let it drop. I'll be more mindful of this sort of thing in the future.

Once I saw that, I probably should have gone back and deleted this comment. I knew I was now playing the role of the sarcastic jerk, and that any smarmy comments I made would be probably be looked at through that context. Evidence that I'm a disrespectful, bully.
(02-26-2011 09:24 AM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  Maybe I should return the favor and see how you like it?
Turn about is fair play, and I'll certainly try not to get too defensive if someone does have a chuckle at my expense. Let's face it, I'm a bald smart-ass who wears eye makeup. It's gonna happen sooner or later, lol!
(02-26-2011 09:24 AM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  No... I won't simply because that wouldn't be right.
Ok, NOW I just feel like you're taking a passive aggressive stab at me. If you think I'm acting like a jerk and want to call me on it, that's cool. In fact I'd say you were RIGHT calling me on it, certainly in that other thread at any rate. I think you are well within your rights to point it out when you think my behavior is unacceptable. But now you're basically telling me "I'd insult you too, but I'm better than you, so I wont." Taking the moral high ground doesn't really work when you go out of your way to point out that you're taking the moral high ground.

Now that I've got all that out of my system...I hope you don't think I hold any ill will towards you. I really don't. In the end, I know that you were mostly just trying to keep the peace. I want that too. I don't want the forum to devolve into a mean spirited flame-war, and I'll try to remember that some things are better left unsaid. Thanks for your time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: We should have a 'Custom hero"competition - Gothicincarnation - 02-16-2011, 02:06 AM
RE: We should have a 'Custom hero"competition - Gothicincarnation - 02-16-2011, 04:20 AM
RE: We should have a 'Custom hero"competition - Gothicincarnation - 02-16-2011, 07:34 AM
RE: We should have a 'Custom hero"competition - Gothicincarnation - 02-26-2011, 08:30 AM
RE: We should have a 'Custom hero"competition - Gothicincarnation - 02-26-2011, 09:24 AM
RE: We should have a 'Custom hero"competition - Russ - 02-26-2011 09:17 PM
RE: We should have a 'Custom hero"competition - Gothicincarnation - 02-26-2011, 10:50 PM
RE: We should have a 'Custom hero"competition - Gothicincarnation - 02-27-2011, 02:18 AM
RE: We should have a 'Custom hero"competition - Gothicincarnation - 02-26-2011, 09:38 AM