Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
campaign idea
02-12-2011, 01:44 AM
RE: campaign idea
i took most of these ideas from flightmek25 in his thread campaign advancement rules and added a few modifications to them, i loved his idea of burning experience points to heal and re-roll or saving them to level. so here is the rest that i hope to use to make this campaign possible

Gaining Experience

- Any hero that survives a mission gets an experience point.

- If the hero was directly involved with the winning condition of a scenario (like being on the truck at the end of the "Escape in the Truck" mission or destroying the pits in the "Burn 'Em Out" scenario.) If it is a scenario like "Defend the Manor House," all surviving heroes get an additional XP point.

Using Experience

- Any hero may burn an experience point at any time in a game to either a.) Re-roll any roll (keeping the final roll) or b.) Instantly heal one wound (even if it is their last wound and they are about to die!)

- A hero may burn 3 experience points between scenarios to "Level up." Levelling up is a random roll and players must consult the chart below. A hero cannot gain the same level up twice! If a hero rolls an ability he already has, he may choose any ability he wants.
1. Experienced: Hero begins each game with their item of choice (not a scenario search item) add one to range weapon die (one still discards revolver)
2. Escape Artist: Hero immune to game effects that hinder movement. (Weather cards, locked doors, & twisted ankles) once per game can go through a “window”
3. Prepared: The hero may carry an additional item.
4. Fortunate: Each turn (zombie and hero), the hero may re-roll a single roll.
5. Tough: Hero gains an additional wound. Weapons that kill on 6 wound on 5
6. Brawler: Hero gains an additional fight die. Wins on ties

Other Special Campaign rules:
- A hero always keeps the items he finished a scenario with, but he returns all unused hero cards to the hero card deck before each game. Sometimes you have to seize the moment!
- All wounds are automatically healed between scenarios. It is assumed that the heroes rest up before returning to do battle with the undead.

i was also trying to figure out a way to maybe shorten the campaign but add a "Final Boss" but have no idea what kind of stats to give him, i would also love to have it so the zombie heroes level as well or that a leveled hero that becomes a zombie hero has some extra abilities but haven't come up with any yet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
campaign idea - JMun233 - 02-11-2011, 07:28 PM
RE: campaign idea - munkymuddface - 02-11-2011, 08:06 PM
RE: campaign idea - Gothicincarnation - 02-11-2011, 10:52 PM
RE: campaign idea - JMun233 - 02-12-2011 01:44 AM
RE: campaign idea - Alice - 02-12-2011, 04:19 AM
RE: campaign idea - JMun233 - 02-13-2011, 10:29 PM
RE: campaign idea - JMun233 - 02-20-2011, 09:49 PM
RE: campaign idea - Alice - 02-21-2011, 03:34 AM
RE: campaign idea - shipper - 02-21-2011, 04:28 AM