Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Ash miniature from Evil Dead (look alike)
03-04-2011, 11:55 AM
RE: Painted Oakley by Hasslefree (Hmm looks a little bit like Ash from Evil Dead...)
(03-04-2011 08:39 AM)Emp Wrote:  What brand of varnish do you use?
I know have the Valejo Matt Varnish here. Wich I used on my plastic LNEO modells and that went bad. But I think for my metal figs that will not be a problem.
Or am I mistaken?

I always used White Skull undercoat. Like I said...old skool painter who has been out of it for several years. The can is empty now so I might try that black the next time.

Excellent help there Trev.

I always use GW spray matt varnish it's called 'Purity seal'. They also do a gloss spray varnish called 'Ardcoat'. I can't see there being any problems using Valejo matt varnish on your metal figs.

Just another point when painting over black you may find you need several coats especially when using colours like yellow or red. A good way to solve this (and save time) is to use GW foundation paints. You can paint them straight over black in one coat.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Painted Oakley by Hasslefree (Hmm looks a little bit like Ash from Evil Dead...) - samuraitrev - 03-04-2011 11:55 AM