Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Bloated Body Zombie by (4aminis) (strong stomach required)+HF Surf Zed.
03-17-2011, 12:15 PM
RE: Painted Bloated Body Zombie find(strong stomach required) and Surf Zed.
@Supervike thanks for the help tracing that figure. You really do know your zombies. I love painting zombies too it never goes staleZombie20

@Vikinglad The gore's probably one of my favorite stages of painting (you can probably tell). Part of having all the gore on the base is I wanted it to be different and recognisable to other players. This is because he's a Grave Weapon zombie. All my other zombies have Scorched Brown bases but because this is a 'Grave Weapon' zombie I have painted the base Terracotta. I wanted to make the different colour more natural and suit the model thematically.

@Ryuk Yeah the board's is a little too pristine, but as you said I couldn't bring my self to splatter red all over it! It took ages and if I'd made mistakes they would have been hard to cover. 1) Because the colours are predominatly bright. If I'd have been unhappy with some dark blood splatter I would have had to go right back to White. 2) Even had I done that I could possibly risk the overall finish losing its smoothness. I'm just pretending he's been buried with it in a crypt so it's not covered in blood 'n mud!

I'm glad you like the pics. I use a 100W Spotlight about 8" from the models here's a pic of it on my desk

If you look at the back top row of paints. I stand my models on there and take the shot. I use an Olympus U1030SW camera 10.1 megapixels set to Supermacro (without flash). I don't know much about cameras but after lots of blurry shots I think I'm gettin' there.

I will include some work in progress shots next time. Consider it done. Any stage or technique in particular you'd like to see?

Thanks allWatchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Painted Bloated Body Zombie find(strong stomach required) and Surf Zed. - samuraitrev - 03-17-2011 12:15 PM