Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
communication rules
05-01-2011, 03:23 PM
RE: communication rules
(05-01-2011 01:25 AM)Russ Wrote:  I dunno, in this day and age everyone can just call/text each other via cell phones. Most people anyway, even folks who live in small towns. On the other hand, I guess you'd have to suspend your disbelief a bit that the high school quarterback has the town Sheriff or the local priest on his contacts list, not to mention "strange" characters like the drifter.

To take that idea into account, I assumed either the cell phone towers would go down (I doubt they are being maintained during a zombie outbreak, aka that's why it is lost communication) or it would be a little strange to use cell phones in the middle of a zombie attack, ("ah I am being eaten by a zombie" *beyonce cell ringtone* "excuse me zombies I have to take this" or "billy, quickly go on this suicide mission to draw out the zombies and remember give us a call when you get there")

Quote:I do kind of like this idea; I love anything that enhances the thematic element of the game. The only problem is that it involves people having to constantly leave the room when other players are taking their turns, (and even then, you can't help the fact that they can see where all heroes and zombies are located, even if they are in buildings or across town.) Either that or you have to have some kind of rule about "meta-gaming," and that seems like it would be annoying for this game.

Thank you. I admit, this system feels a bit clunky and sadly my gaming friends are starting to stray away from LNOE, so it is becoming ever harder to field test and try to remove some of the issues. As for knowing where people are vs. talking to them, I made this point in the last reply, this is a small town with a dozen or so buildings. In such a case you should be able to literally see across town (and through the windows) and in most cases you would be able to see survivors running around or atleast be able to watch the zombies converging on a point, thus you could see the other heroes, know where they are and see potentially what they are carrying, but wouldn't be able to contact them as it would alarm other zombies in the area.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
communication rules - nitro9090 - 04-04-2011, 03:38 PM
RE: communication rules - mqstout - 04-04-2011, 03:43 PM
RE: communication rules - nitro9090 - 04-04-2011, 04:38 PM
RE: communication rules - Animaux - 04-19-2011, 12:43 AM
RE: communication rules - nitro9090 - 04-21-2011, 05:32 AM
RE: communication rules - thegamelord - 04-23-2011, 07:31 PM
RE: communication rules - nitro9090 - 04-25-2011, 09:17 PM
RE: communication rules - Russ - 05-01-2011, 01:25 AM
RE: communication rules - nitro9090 - 05-01-2011 03:23 PM