Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hero Pack 1 Painting Guide (+ painted metal Spacehulk Terminators)
04-13-2011, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2011 10:09 PM by willco.)
RE: Hero Pack 1 Painting Guide (+ painted metal Spacehulk Terminators)
ST - you couldn't be more right about the older models having a heaviness to them, a visual weight. While I think the 3E models are very well done, they don't have the same gravity.

Spot on about the game being epic, too. Its about as claustrophobic as it can get...quite the tactical challenge without losing anything in terms of theme. Brilliant, really. I never got to play the older versions, but I think the rules for 3E are quite good. Streamlined and built for fun. Would you say GW took in account 25 years of playtesting and made the new rules accordingly?

Great job on those, by the way! I'd be honored to use them any day. No apologies necessary!

Sometimes its easy to get bogged down in trying to make things perfect, when really the models need to look good from four feet, not four inches. Maybe I should apply that to my own stuff; probably get a lot more done, eh?

Thanks a ton for sharing those termies, mate. I'll post some of mine (the 3E ones) after I move...maybe a couple weeks. That is, if anyone is interested.

Cheers.

PS you didn't drill out the barrels? EGADS! :P
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hero Pack 1 Painting Guide - willco - 04-11-2011, 05:31 AM
RE: Hero Pack 1 Painting Guide - willco - 04-11-2011, 06:47 PM
RE: Hero Pack 1 Painting Guide (+ painted metal Spacehulk Terminators) - willco - 04-13-2011 10:05 PM