Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Do you paint your FFP game figures?
Yes. One day I will paint them all. Waghhh haa haa!!
No I can't be bothered, afford it, haven't the time, I don't feel the need.
Maybe but I don't know where to start.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have you painted your figures?
08-17-2011, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2011 06:35 PM by munkymuddface.)
RE: Have you painted your figures?
(08-17-2011 04:59 PM)Esturk Wrote:  My advice to someone who's just coming back into painting would be to make sure you have the proper tools, but don't buy from overly expensive retailers... any tool that will make your painting easier is worth buying, but don't let games workshop sell you a set of sprue clippers you can buy at a craft store for half the price. I remember when I started back I had nothing but a few brushes and my 9 year old paints, these days I don't know how I did it without a pallet or a proper eye-dropper. Also invest in a good light, your eyes will thank you.
When I was buying supplies, I made the mistake of buying a Citadel standard brush for $5 or so. The thing is absulute junk. Went to Michael's and found a set of 8 - 10 brushes of varying sizes and styles for around $11, and they are SO much better. I now use the junky expensive brush for pulling paint out of pots and mixing on the palette... Ho hum.

Anyways, this is The Stag Lord that I am working on, my third mini since returning to the hobby. Not bad after a 15 year break, eh?

[Image: IMG_20110816_231529.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you painted your figures? - munkymuddface - 08-17-2011 06:34 PM