Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Do you paint your FFP game figures?
Yes. One day I will paint them all. Waghhh haa haa!!
No I can't be bothered, afford it, haven't the time, I don't feel the need.
Maybe but I don't know where to start.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have you painted your figures?
09-30-2012, 08:05 AM
RE: Have you painted your figures?
(09-29-2012 10:44 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(09-29-2012 07:41 AM)Karden5048 Wrote:  It would be fun but I'm worried that I will mess them up and in the process ruin my games. But I do like the detail that goes into it. Also I'm jealous of those people who have the talent to do it them selves.

My advice to you karden is practice on a few Zombies. Just take your time and if it helps follow one of my guides or have a look for guides on the net. I would like to see the results. All I can say is painting is a very rewarding hobby in itself and painting models for your favourite games only adds to the enjoyment of gaming.

For practical reasons the characters will be more easily recognisable.
Aesthetically painted models look more pleasing to look at. For example a putrid green Zombie covered in oozing gore. Has more of a psychological effect than a plain grey one. You're more likely to get comments like eww that's gross/awesome.
Another advantage is added realism. You can go as far as you like with this. All my Zombies are individual figures and I have added and props such as Gasoline cans, Truck, well, Bio Canisters, Book and Old Betsy. Some painters/model builders have even gone as far as building a 3D Woodinvale with standing walls and props. Check out Canadian Pitbull's work the name of another Woodinvale town builder escapes me.

To conclude these are just my reasons for painting. I find it therapeutic. Like I said, start small with a Zombie or 2. Use an old cup for a water pot, find somewhere with plenty of daylight if possible. A comfortable chair and some background music can be a bonus too.Two things I wouldn't scrimp on is buying a decent brush or 2. I recommend Games Workshop's Basecoat, Detail and Fine Detail brushes. I use Games Workshop's paints but if I were buying new now I would go for the Vallejo paint range.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions, however basic, just ask. I'm here everyday. That goes for anyone else reading this who's thinking of giving painting a go. What are you waiting for?Watchmen02

Thanks I will definitely practice this and let you know how it goes. I just need to get the stuff now. I will keep you posted as I get farther down the road.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you painted your figures? - Karden5048 - 09-30-2012 08:05 AM