Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
questions about paint color and mounting of figures
02-22-2012, 11:52 PM
RE: questions about paint color and mounting of figures
(02-22-2012 07:11 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  The colors I bought were: Hauser Dark Green, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Mississippi Mud, Baby Pink, Bright Yellow, Sour Apple, Slate Grey, Khaki Tan, Uniform Blue, Purple Cow, Bright Orange, and True Red.

Hmmm, typing these out I just realized I didn't get a white!! Ugh.

In addition to the paints I picked up a set of 6 hobby brushes (thin point), an X-Acto knife, a brush case, a plastic 10-well palette, brush cleaner, grey primer, and clear varnish. I hope I got the right type of primer and varnish - the items are called Gesso Grey Canvas Primer and Right-Step Water Base Clear Varnish. I know I have to find something to use as a water pot. I don't know what to do to hold the figures still for painting. I've seen photos samuraitrev put up with the figures appear to be attached by a clay-like substance to a big block of something else. I can always use a pair of pliers to hold the figure but that would mean problems if either of my hands jittered. What is the best way to keep the minis still?

Any other crucial equipment/supplies that I'm missing?

I use Blu-tack and stick the model to the lid of my spray paint can Watchmen02

Be careful with the primers and varnishes, if they are too thick, you will lose all detail on the model and they will look like a big blob of nothing.

Main paints/colours I use are either the Vallejo Game Color paints or Games Workshop ones.

My main pallete is:

a dark and lighter green (Emerald and Goblin)
black
off white/flesh, (elf flesh and bleached bone)
lighter and darker browns (scorched and bestial)
blues (hawk turquoise, ice blue, regal/ultramarine)
reds (scab and blood)
metallics (chainmail and boltgun)
washes (devlan mud, blue, black and red)

for an idea on the colours have a look here: GW Colours

What you don't know can eat you... Zombie01
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: questions about paint color and mounting of figures - thegep - 02-22-2012 11:52 PM