Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ever want to put a timer on a player?
06-06-2012, 09:42 PM
RE: Ever want to put a timer on a player?
I'm all for taking your time to think out your move... appropriately so. I am the type of person who likes to think out my move a little bit before I just go ahead and do something that may be a bad idea.

... But I never take excessively long. When it comes down to it, if it is taking you long to make a decision, you have to just go with something. After all, it isn't like it is real life. It is just a game. If your move ends up being terrible and screwing you big time... it is all part of the fun of the game. Heck... that happens sometimes in zombie movies.

So, I would say that I would hope in general a time clock is never needed. But, if you do have a player who thinks WAY too hard about there moves and takes a long time, I can see how that would drag the game down. So, if that is the case, it may not be a bad idea to implement, with a fairly generous, but still not excessive time frame.

I also like the idea, thematically, that if you take too long to decide, you lose your turn based on the idea that the hero is frozen with fear.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ever want to put a timer on a player? - StayPuft - 06-06-2012 09:42 PM