Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Played my first game tonight.
02-27-2009, 12:00 PM
RE: Played my first game tonight.
I know "Die Zombies, Die" was designed as the Basic scenario, but I didn't know it was against the rules to play it with the advanced rules. I'll check the rule book again.

Well, I just finished up my second game utilizing all the correct ways of playing I didn't use last night. I'm starting to think the game should be called "No Chance in Hell" instead. This time the game only made it to round 10 and the heroes only stopped three zombies before the inevitable happened. Seriously, I can't fathom how the heroes are ever supposed to win in this game. "Heroes"... ok, that's a bit of a misnomer. They should just be labeled "victims" and accept their fate. I know a lot of it has to do with the mind-numbingly bad rolls the heroes threw in comparison to the zombies. I am terribly unlucky, so that shouldn't come as a surprise but I can't help but feel there's some sort of divine intervention going on just to ruin every single thing I try to do. Hell, by the third turn, three buildings had been taken over and a fourth one soon followed. So much for shuffling. I think if the zombies drew one card every other turn and the heroes drew 4 every time, they'd still only have a 50/50 chance. But seriously, the zombie cards are brutal with a capital "you might as well quit because you're going to die, stupid hero".

I'm taking a bit of a breather now and will go back to try a different scenario to see if the heroes fare any better. I already know the answer, but ignorance is bliss.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Played my first game tonight. - n107 - 02-26-2009, 01:47 PM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - Sarku - 02-26-2009, 04:41 PM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - btf032 - 02-27-2009, 05:41 AM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - n107 - 02-27-2009, 06:37 AM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - Emp - 02-27-2009, 08:13 AM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - n107 - 02-27-2009 12:00 PM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - n107 - 02-27-2009, 02:54 PM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - n107 - 02-28-2009, 10:02 AM