Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any fellow wrestling/WWE fans here?
06-11-2012, 07:07 PM
RE: Any fellow wrestling/WWE fans here?
(06-11-2012 05:48 PM)Emp Wrote:  A question that always has haunted me...How in the hell do they decide who wins?
Everything is show right? So how does it come out that for example Undertaker wins over Hogan?
Do they roll over the floor in tights in a regular roman wrestling thing to find out who wins?

I'm just wondering Watchmen02

LOL! That is actually a fair (and refreshing) question to come from a non-fan. Well, it is all entertainment. They have writing teams who decide how all the storylines are going to go, and beyond that, Vince McMahon himself has a lot of input and final say over things. Plus, honestly, sometimes backstage politics play into it. But, for the most part, it is all decided as part of the ongoing storyline.

Think of it like a movie. How is it decided what happens in a movie? Because somebody wrote the script. How is it decided what happens in wrestling? Because somebody wrote it in the script (or whatever the heck they use). Though, things do sometimes change on the fly for whatever reason (injury, fan reaction, Vince or the writing team suddenly decide to go another route).

So, it isn't like it is real competition by any stretch of the imagination. If they wanted to have some extremely small, untalented dude easily defeat one of the big, hugely muscled, top guys, they could if the wanted. Obviously that typically doesn't happen, but if it benefits the story, they could if they so desired.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any fellow wrestling/WWE fans here? - StayPuft - 06-11-2012 07:07 PM