Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Touch of Evil Android app
07-14-2012, 12:17 AM
RE: A Touch of Evil Android app
Thanks! I've considered sound effects..at first I thought I'd go nuts and add sounds everywhere, like when you rolled for a Wolves minion, you'd hear a wolf howl...when you rolled "The Horseman Rides Again", you'd hear hooves beating down a dirt path, etc etc. Or maybe add a looping wind sound effect that would always be playing in the background. But I think that could end up being too much and start to get annoying. Ultimately, it felt needless when I want functionality to be the most important aspect.

But I still think I might add in some subtle blips and clicks just as button-press confirmation noises.

I've finished tweaking all the graphics so they have transparent backgrounds. I also redid the Mystery Phase and Showdown Chart results so they look better. And I finished the Random Villain button, if you long-press on the "Choose Villain" button, the app will randomly grab one for you. Like I mentioned earlier, I made just one big pool that the app chooses from, so you'll occasionally get a Villain from an expansion you don't have or a web Villain you haven't downloaded and printed out yet, but I don't find it too annoying to jump back to the main screen and try the randomization again.

Now that the annoying remaking is done, I just need to finish making all the minion graphics for the rest of the Villains....should be finished right around the time The Coast comes out and I'll have to make more!

I think I might try an actual game with the app tonight or tomorrow, I'm really curious to see how it works in practice finally.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A Touch of Evil Android app - JRSly - 07-13-2012, 05:03 AM
RE: A Touch of Evil Android app - scarydk - 07-13-2012, 08:51 AM
RE: A Touch of Evil Android app - JRSly - 07-14-2012 12:17 AM
RE: A Touch of Evil Android app - sickboy - 07-14-2012, 10:09 AM
RE: A Touch of Evil Android app - JRSly - 07-14-2012, 05:05 PM
RE: A Touch of Evil Android app - JRSly - 07-14-2012, 09:41 PM
RE: A Touch of Evil Android app - JRSly - 07-28-2012, 09:13 PM
RE: A Touch of Evil Android app - JRSly - 07-31-2012, 05:28 PM
RE: A Touch of Evil Android app - JRSly - 08-01-2012, 07:44 PM