Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Touch of Evil Android app
07-14-2012, 05:05 PM
RE: A Touch of Evil Android app
(07-14-2012 10:09 AM)sickboy Wrote:  You could call it the Evil Toucher...

Maybe not Zombie17

It looks really good. Dare I mention iPhone/iPad version?
I'd like to make an iOS app as well, but my programming experience is veeeery limited. I was only able to make this because Google created a simplified app developing platform that really does the actual coding for you. If something similar existed from Apple, I could give it a try.

Otherwise, I'm afraid it'd be a long while before I learned how to write code by hand and make something like this.

(07-13-2012 08:51 AM)scarydk Wrote:  Awesome! ... and inspiring.

Someone out there thinking of doing something similar for LNoE?
Thanks! Sorry I missed this earlier.

What would an app for LNoE be like, in your mind? What tasks would it cover?

To me, what would make the most sense...sort of how the AToE app works, would be to have the LNoE app handle 'the Villain'. In other words, you could turn the game, somewhat, into a coop/solo game by making an app that could handle the Zombie decisions and actions. It'd be much more ambitious, for certain, since rather than simply copying the tested and approved AI already setup by Flying Frog(in AToE), someone would have to create a set of rules and operations to create a challenging virtual Zombie opponent. But it might be interesting to try to make a simple opponent if you wanted to play solo.

I have considered this possibility for other games. I'm a big coop/solo guy, so any way I can get a game played more by eliminating the need for other players is a good thing. The challenge, again, is how clever and complicated the AI needs to be. One of my big goals has been to create a solo variant for Mansions of Madness...surely it wouldn't be the exact same experience as playing against a human keeper who has exact knowledge of what the Investigators are doing and can plan perfect attacks. But I had, what I felt, could be a pretty good approach to automating the Keepers actions and incorporating the story/clues through series of branching card decks. It seemed like it could work, but it would involve a lot of little stacks of cards and could get awfully fiddly.

Then, while working on this project, it hit me that my MoM idea would work perfect in app format. The same concept would be there, but all the fiddlyness would be hidden inside the program and the process would be streamlined and near invisible to the player. It would be much more complicated than this app, and ultimately it wouldn't be much more than random actions thrown at the player, instead of an intelligent human striking at just the right times, but I think it could still be a fun, worthwhile way to experience the game. So I've started hammering out some rough ideas in my head and piecing together the app in my mind.

Anyway...enough Mansions of Madness derailment. Insane20
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A Touch of Evil Android app - JRSly - 07-13-2012, 05:03 AM
RE: A Touch of Evil Android app - scarydk - 07-13-2012, 08:51 AM
RE: A Touch of Evil Android app - JRSly - 07-14-2012, 12:17 AM
RE: A Touch of Evil Android app - sickboy - 07-14-2012, 10:09 AM
RE: A Touch of Evil Android app - JRSly - 07-14-2012 05:05 PM
RE: A Touch of Evil Android app - JRSly - 07-14-2012, 09:41 PM
RE: A Touch of Evil Android app - JRSly - 07-28-2012, 09:13 PM
RE: A Touch of Evil Android app - JRSly - 07-31-2012, 05:28 PM