Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Horror Movie discussion: ZOMBIES
03-25-2009, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2009 06:45 PM by supervike.)
RE: Horror Movie discussion: ZOMBIES
Given my current fetishness with All things Zombie....It's hard to believe that I'm a rookie at Zombie films.

I never cared for zombie films...or never paid them much heed, as I just thought they were all gore-fests. I really knew nothing about them. Even so much as to see George A. Romero and not even know who he was...

Then, I went to the theater with a buddy of mine to see the remake of the DAWN OF THE DEAD. I really wasn't wanting to see it, but I went anyhow. I just loved it. The tension, the helplessness, the survivors...just fantastic.

I'm slowly making my way through all the classics now. The original Night of the Living Dead is really well done, as is the remake.

Fast zombies are damn scary, but slow zombies really creep me out. Something terrifying about the slow, relentless advance of them. Probably some allegory for the fear of death that I don't properly comprehend.

So, my top three so far:

Dawn of the Dead 2004
Shaun of the Dead
Slither

My least favorite:

Zombie Nation
Zombie Nation
did I mention Zombie Nation?

But, again, I'm a relative newbie to Zombie flicks. I'd love to see a definitive 'must see' list.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Horror Movie discussion: ZOMBIES - supervike - 03-25-2009 06:44 PM
question for supervike - goodcop2000 - 05-16-2014, 05:20 PM