Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Horror Movie discussion: ZOMBIES
03-30-2009, 06:25 PM
RE: Horror Movie discussion: ZOMBIES
I am the very definition of a home body as well, and have always thought (even before I knew what Dawn of the Dead was) that living in a mall would be the ultimate in cool. Food, drinks, books, clothes, TVs, etc. etc....It's got everything a modern person would need to survive.

However realistically, it would absolutely turn into a prison. Also, the saying of "Familiarity breeds contempt" couldn't be more true than in an occasion like that.

BUT, and not to turn your conversation to the more esoteric....BUT...I feel that is the point Romero is maybe trying to make. The prison isn't the confines of the walls....it's us trapped with our goodies. We build our own prisons by constantly worshiping the almighty consumer goods. We isolate ourselves from the ugly world by building our own fake walls. On another level, we are also the zombies...the mindless creatures attracted to the mall by some compelling, but never described, reason. Mindless zombies, the lot of us!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Horror Movie discussion: ZOMBIES - supervike - 03-30-2009 06:25 PM
question for supervike - goodcop2000 - 05-16-2014, 05:20 PM