Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Horror Movie discussion: ZOMBIES
04-10-2009, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2009 03:53 AM by supervike.)
RE: Horror Movie discussion: ZOMBIES
Ok....just got done watching Day of the Dead....the Romero original, not the new VERY CRAPPY remake.

I just have to say that I've always thought Romero's zombie movies as kind of a joke....I thought they were supposed to be so campy that they just became cult favorites....But now I have seen the first three, my attitude has really changed.

There are some over the top cheesy moments, some of the dialog and the acting is a bit....much..BUT, honestly, these are very well done flicks. There is more to them than just gorefests, and some of the characters are very memorable. This latest one really upped the ante for 'special effects' and grossness. But, there is still an overall message that I really 'get'.

I also find it interesting that Romero's three main protagonists in the movies (Night of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, and Day of the Dead) are strong black males. I'm not saying anything negative about it, I just find it as an interesting point. Movies of that era rarely did that.

Anyhow, I hope someone wants to discuss this film more with me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Horror Movie discussion: ZOMBIES - supervike - 04-10-2009 03:53 AM
question for supervike - goodcop2000 - 05-16-2014, 05:20 PM