Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
More Town Elder questions
10-08-2012, 01:04 AM
RE: More Town Elder questions
Thanks MoonSylver. I think we've been playing these correctly, then based on your answers.

Re#1 - We have been playing that basically any one player may only roll on any one card with Sophie's ability just once in a game - unless he has to give up Sophie (according to the normal Hero of the People rules) and then gets her back again later. We've allowed the player to roll again on cards he failed at earlier. It's new encounter with Sophie so realistically there may have been other events that transpired and may be other circumstances that exist - so the ensuing attempt to cancel a particular card is a new event.

Re#2 - We have been playing that just because the elder is with you does not mean that he doesn't have or gain other secrets that you may not know. So you must investigate those as well to know them.

Re#3 - we have been playing that the secrets have a chronologic order. So each newly revealed secret trumps the prior secret. We have been playing though that when a flip to evil secret is revealed any secrets after that are also discarded immediately - even if they benefit the villain. This follows I think the letter of the rule, and honors the chronologic progression.

Re#4 - that is the way we've been playing - any new secrets are also revealed immediately.

Re#5 - the way you describe is is the way we've been playing. There is a good FAQ on the Wiki that really cleared this up for me.

Re#6 - It has to do with Hero of the People. The way I take it is you can have that elder with you and also select two for a hunting party. In competitive I don't believe you would be barred from selecting a hunting party just because you have the HoP with you. In co-op any player can only have one assigned to him during a showdown. I believe having the HoP does not bar you from having a hunting party elder assigned to you along with the HoP. They are at different levels of association with you.

Re#7 - we've been playing that even though the Selfless Martyr secret has been revealed you may still announce it to gain its effect. The reason is while the secret may be revealed to the hero party it may not necessarily be known to the villain or to other townspeople in the community. Revealed does not necessarily mean known to all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
More Town Elder questions - ATOEtalGeek - 10-05-2012, 07:29 PM
RE: More Town Elder questions - MoonSylver - 10-07-2012, 05:28 AM
RE: More Town Elder questions - ATOEtalGeek - 10-08-2012 01:04 AM
RE: More Town Elder questions - MoonSylver - 10-08-2012, 02:03 AM
RE: More Town Elder questions - MoonSylver - 10-08-2012, 03:34 AM