Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNOE: Aftermath (Potential Spoilers?)
10-23-2012, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 04:19 PM by kassle.)
RE: LNOE: Aftermath (Potential Spoilers?)
Originally, I was a little peeved that 3 of the 6 heroes in TP were Survivors. But, after acquiring all of the existing expansions, I've come around to (and actually really dig) the idea of Hero survivors in expansions. A nice mix of a few new folks along with existing surviving Heroes w/ upgraded abilities from their former incarnation is actually pretty cool and definitely lends itself to the film/story theme. So, consider me a fan of Survivor Heroes!!!

With that in mind, I couldn't help but pick up on something in the promo info for the TP expansion Blood in the Forest: "Last Night on Earth: Blood in the Forest, which can be combined with any Last Night on Earth standalone game, includes a set of game boards with remote forest locations, a double-sided central forest game board with airfield, two new Heroes, new "feral zombies" that are faster and hungrier than zombies of years past, new Hero and Zombie cards, counters and scenarios."

I kinda think that might be a sneaky way of covering up that it also includes two RETURNING Heroes, as well, since all of the LNOE expansions have included 4 Heroes.

So, TP is the twin of LNOE, then what if BITF is essentially the twin of GH, in terms of being a large expansion? I am hopeful that means we will see 2 surviving Heroes from GH appear alongside the two new Heroes in BITF.

As for Rachelle & Kenny...Kenny's a goner based on one of the previous cards. And as much as I like Rachelle, we already have a Law Enforcement Hero Survivor, so she wouldn't be bringing much new to the table in terms of continuing as a Hero Survivor.

With Amanda, I think an evolution of her Hide ability could be interesting. With a roll of 4+, Amanda not only hides, but earns a roll to attampt to attack a zombie (much like the fighting mechanic, if she rolls doubles the enemy is killed).

With Sam...maybe he's had to saw off an arm and has a gun or weapon strapped to it. Not sure how the injury would impact him (maybe he is back down to 3 wounds), but maybe Sam always has a gun and cannot lose it (since it is strapped to his arm).

So I guess I'm hoping for the returns of an upgraded Sam (sans arm) and Amanda (in a tattered Prom Queen dress). Zombie13

Damn...I'm rambling.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: LNOE: Aftermath (Potential Spoilers?) - kassle - 10-23-2012 07:27 PM