Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNOE: Aftermath (Potential Spoilers?)
10-24-2012, 12:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 12:35 AM by ForestRunner.)
RE: LNOE: Aftermath (Potential Spoilers?)
(10-23-2012 07:27 PM)kassle Wrote:  Originally, I was a little peeved that 3 of the 6 heroes in TP were Survivors. But, after acquiring all of the existing expansions, I've come around to (and actually really dig) the idea of Hero survivors in expansions. I have enough Heroes that I don't need 4 or 6 new Heroes per game. A nice mix of a few new folks along with existing surviving Heroes w/ upgraded abilities from their former incarnation is actually pretty cool and definitely lends itself to the film/story theme. So, consider me a fan of Survivor Heroes!!!

Exactly how I felt. Piked off big time about the Survivor thing. Now I've really embraced it. I also have TP seperate, and essentially have 2 LNOE games... whilst of course looking to expand on TP.

(10-23-2012 07:27 PM)kassle Wrote:  If you read the promo info for the TP expansion Blood in the Forest, it will include TWO new Heroes: "Last Night on Earth: Blood in the Forest, which can be combined with any Last Night on Earth standalone game, includes a set of game boards with remote forest locations, a double-sided central forest game board with airfield, two new Heroes, new "feral zombies" that are faster and hungrier than zombies of years past, new Hero and Zombie cards, counters and scenarios."

I kinda think that might be a sneaky way of covering up that it also includes two RETURNING Heroes, as well, since all of the LNOE expansions have included 4 Heroes.

I'm also hoping we will have two TP heroes and two Woodinvale survivors. I'm thinking it will go that way - emphasis mine of course... who really knows how it will pan out.

(10-23-2012 07:27 PM)kassle Wrote:  So, TP is the twin or LNOE, then what if BITF is essentially the twin of GH, in terms of being a large expansion? I am hopeful that means we will see 2 surviving Heroes from GH appear alongside the two new Heroes in BITF.

I similarly envisage BITF close to GH. I like the idea of another centre board and find the proposed straight boards intriguing. Not really phased if potential survivor heroes are from GH or not - remember there are a few other base game heroes not yet accounted for.

Here is the recap again... also note the twist on Agent Carter. The imagination is limitless on the doors this can open up.

The Blood in the Forest Expansion sees the Heroes fight their way deeper into the forested mountains, and can be added to LNOE: Timber Peak or directly to the original Last Night on Earth. Blood in the Forest adds:

A full set of new Forest Boards (4 Corners and 4 Straight pieces)
A new double-sided Forest Center Board (with the Airfield)
A set of 7 vicious new Feral Zombies
2 new Heroes
- Sister Ophelia, the reformed nun
- Agent Carter, an FBI agent who knows more about the outbreak than he lets on

A host of new Hero and Zombie cards, counters, Scenarios, and Game Mechanics. Blood in the Forest also expands on the Fire and Upgrades systems originally introduced in LNOE: Timber Peak. As the Zombie plague spreads, the forests will run red!

I'm personally also hoping we get some exclusive web content to in a similar way SU, ZP and RotD were done.

Happy days for LNOE Insane04

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: LNOE: Aftermath (Potential Spoilers?) - ForestRunner - 10-24-2012 12:32 AM