Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I really really want to like AToE
11-02-2012, 02:13 PM
RE: I really really want to like AToE
(11-02-2012 01:11 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  Admittedly we do use the SOMETHING WICKED events chart and that has been a horrible curse in itself..but the Core set should NOT be that easy...

Whole heartily agree with Pfr_Fate. The SW coop events chart makes everything a little more difficult.

WisdomKngiht, are you playing advanced rules? Where you need to roll vs cunning or spirit to collect investigation on the board? I have found that this rule alone has slowed the hero progress a lot. I think it would change your gameplay as you never get enough investigation to buy the really useful town items (silver bullets, rifle, etc). Also when you are KO'd you end up losing a lot of your gear and allies.

The other thing may be that some of the villain actions require movement of the shadow track that you may be forgetting, like for instance the crows. If you get the same random location, or a random location next to an already occupied space (by a crow) you need to move the shadow track 1 step per crow minion not placed. I know when playing the werewolf I ran out of feral kin, and if you run out of minions you must up the shadow track by 1 per missed minion.

I hope this helps.

BTW, this Halloween we played against the reaper HP2. We lost within 10 rounds. So yes, it gets a lot harder.

Have fun and don't give up on ATOE, please!

W.J.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I really really want to like AToE - Wasteland Jack - 11-02-2012 02:13 PM