Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I really really want to like AToE
11-02-2012, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 02:37 PM by Leonard.)
RE: I really really want to like AToE
Just to echo what others have said, try competitive play! We lose the majority of the time when playing competitively as there are so many opportunities to screw other players over, especially when they enter a showdown. I really feel the game was designed with competitive play in mind primarily. It's so challenging, and very very (almost too) long!

Maybe try team competitive, if you find regular co-op too easy, and regular competitive isn't really your style? I believe there's a section in the rule book covering this play style.

You could always house rule some stuff as well. Maybe character abilities can only be used once per game? Double the investigation cost of everything such as secrets, town items, and healing at the doctors. Add an additional secret to a town elder each mystery phase. Move D3 spaces instead of the usual D6. Only hit successfully on a 6, instead of 5 or 6. Have at least one of your characters complete a showdown with the villain each mystery phase (randomly chosen, maybe draw a random location and make the nearest character to this location face off against the big bad!)

Just a few ideas! Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I really really want to like AToE - Leonard - 11-02-2012 02:33 PM