Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I really really want to like AToE
11-02-2012, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 09:42 PM by MoonSylver.)
RE: I really really want to like AToE
It's hard to say what the issue is, but my gut is telling me there's something being missed, as there shouldn't be any way to win so easily every single time. I've never seen it happen. Only things I can think of off the top:

Are you advancing the Shadow Track each time an elder dies?

Are you taking a Mystery phase at the end of EACH hero turn?

In a Showdown, are you fighting in a series of turns? (ie each Hero fights the Villain seperately, around the board, each turn).

Are you advancing the Shadow Track when you are to place Minions that you are out of?

Applying the penalty for KO's? (loss of Ivestigation, Items, Allies, etc)

Using the Co-Op Mystery Phase Chart?

Using the Co-Op side of the Shadow Track? (The one w/ the boosts to Villain Health & Combat as it progresses).

Adding "Dead" EVIL Elders to the Villain?

You already said you've started making Heroes roll for Investigation. That's a huge step in the right direction. Otherwise it is too easy to buff them up. They should have to work for that Investigation.

Honestly, I can't say I've ever heard anyone say the game is too easy. An average session for me is a tense race for the end, with the Shadow Track humming along & never enough time/opportunity to gather as much Investigation as I want, but maybe just enough to get the job done. Occasional blow outs BOTH ways, but nothing like you're describing... Insane19
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I really really want to like AToE - MoonSylver - 11-02-2012 09:41 PM