Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I really really want to like AToE
11-12-2012, 11:09 PM
RE: I really really want to like AToE
I played two solo games this weekend. First game I followed semi-advanced rules with Karl vs the Werewolf (semi-advanced because I used all the secrets but still used the Basic minion chart, villain abilities, and investigation collection rules). I won easily.

Second game was Anne Marie vs the Vampire, this time following the complete Advanced rules. Equipped with only a Sabre (the Manor item that gives +1 Combat and +1 Honor), I had the unfortunate dilemma of a Succubus popping up at the Blacksmith. Unable to deal with the threat, especially after I drew that Remains In Play Mystery Card that gave +1 Combat to all the Minions, I got stuck going around the board, and with Fog in play I was screwed. Minions kept popping up all around and I just conceded since it was way past my bedtime. Mind you, there were Investigation tokens all around, but they barely helped as I could not buy any weapons and I couldn't find any helpful equipment to save my teaching $%@%.

So I really don't understand how you find the game so easy, other than maybe you keep choosing the stronger Heroes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I really really want to like AToE - LabRat - 11-12-2012 11:09 PM