Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I really really want to like AToE
11-14-2012, 02:19 PM
RE: I really really want to like AToE
(11-13-2012 01:48 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  
(11-13-2012 12:16 AM)LabRat Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 10:49 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote:  Problem, the shadow track. By the time we were al totally equipped and headed for the showdown, the shadow track was at 2. Of course we did have three mystery cards in play, The Horror (roll 2 times on the mystery chart), The Hour is Late (move shadow track +1 each mystery phase), and another card (can't remember name) which said every time the shadow track moves add an additional step so in essence 2 steps each mystery phase. Also we realized that only Sarah had cunning + spirit of 8 or more. So even if we did go into a showdown, we probably would have been clobbered.

The Book of Lore in the Town Items deck that allows you to move the Shadow Track, you could've used up your excess investigation to buy-discard-repeat to move it backwards.

The Book of Lore has saved me arse on many occasions. Watchmen02 I'm a big fan of the Sacred Chalice from over at The Monastery too. Zombie03
---MSWatchmen01

I guess I am not playing by the rules, being that when I discard an item to gain it's ability, I typically remove it from game. Thinking if I were to destroy a book in real life in order to get it's secret power, I wouldn't have access to that book again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I really really want to like AToE - Wasteland Jack - 11-14-2012 02:19 PM