Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I really really want to like AToE
11-14-2012, 04:32 PM
RE: I really really want to like AToE
(11-14-2012 02:19 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote:  I guess I am not playing by the rules, being that when I discard an item to gain it's ability, I typically remove it from game. Thinking if I were to destroy a book in real life in order to get it's secret power, I wouldn't have access to that book again.

I don't blame you for not knowing it, handling the Town Items deck isn't really defined clearly in the ATOE rulebook. Most decks (location decks, Event and Mystery decks) have their discard piles and I assumed that the Town Items deck followed the same rule. When I re-read the rulebook, all that's stated about it is:

"If another Hero buys it first, no one else can purchase it until it is discarded back to the Town Items stack." (ATOE rulebook, page 8)

So I had to look up clarifications here and on BGG to make sure. That's why I make it a point to buy a Horse even if I don't need it - it only costs 2 Investigation and can easily be discarded for any effects that require you to discard items.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I really really want to like AToE - LabRat - 11-14-2012 04:32 PM