Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What is the best Solo Rules or Rules for FULL Coop for LNoE?
11-16-2012, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2012 02:29 AM by LabRat.)
RE: What is the best Solo Rules or Rules for FULL Coop for LNoE?
I tried the variant that I posted, and I have the following findings:

- I don't think the cards from the base set are enough. Separated between Event types results in very few Fight Events and Normal events, and a lot of Conditional events. But this is one variant where I think (just in theory) putting in as many Zombie cards from the different expansions as possible into the
- 3 "Conditional" event cards are harsh. 2 Conditional event cards waiting to be triggered are enough, then re-filling the Conditionals in play would be done during the Draw Zombie cards phase.
- Zombies only draw and play from the Fight cards if they lose the Fight Dice roll.
- The Normal Zombie event cards (non-conditional ones like Shamble) still require some decision-making from the players. E.g. Rotten Bodies, Relentless Assault. Ugh, I don't want to set card-specific rules for these so back to the drawing board.
- The Zombie movement rules worked well, the increased Zombie Hunger range of 3 made sure that the zombies would be heading towards a Hero, but I can see some instances where the zombies would end up heading towards the center. Instead of my original suggestion, I'd use wisdomknight's suggestion of rolling a d6 and using that for the random zombie movement if there's no Hero in range (good simulation of how zombies usually behave in zombie media). Setting the priority to the following worked well for me:
Zombies move towards
- Heroes in adjacent spaces first
- Closest objective related targets (e.g. generators in Timber Peak)
- Heroes within 3 square radius
- D6 roll - 1 no movement, 2 left, 3 forward-left, 4 forward, 5 forward-right, 6 right

Mind you, these AI rules try to minimize Human player involvement in controlling the Zombies without changing the game too much. Did anyone else get to playtest?
(11-15-2012 02:08 AM)Bokya Wrote:  I tried a slightly skewed Variant the other night.

Slightly skewed is an understatement. Looks interesting and complicated. I'll see if I can playtest this.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the best Solo Rules or Rules for FULL Coop for LNoE? - LabRat - 11-16-2012 02:28 AM