Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies
11-20-2012, 09:38 PM
RE: Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies
(11-20-2012 08:16 AM)scarydk Wrote:  
(11-19-2012 09:05 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Wow! I come back and everybody has taken this little nugget of an idea and turned it into something epic and awesome! I never thought of it like a custom rule! I could definitely see that being a lot of fun. I agree that it should come with a DOTS cost, though. It is definitely not something I would say you should use at all times. Just something as a really fun alternative.

I could actually see this going either way, either as one or two cards in the deck, or as just a custom rule with a DOTS cost. Either way would be fun.

Actually...

It could be the start of a really cool "Walking Dead" themed custom scenario! It would have this gunshot idea as a DOTS rule, but then would also have to have something equal added for the heroes. Then, it should also have "Always Zombie Heroes" and "Always Hero Replenish," as well.

You call it a nugget, I'd say it's more like a pepperoni pizza. You could call it simple, but it was a great idea; it fits so well and offers a new straegic perspective to the game.

The reason why I prefer to see it with a Dot Cost is because IMO adding custom cards to the game is somewhat more tricky (you want to make them look like the original FFP cards and you will also need to add zombie cards to bring balance to the game - hint: use a Dot Cost instead), also I think it SHOULD be a common feature like zombie hunger because it fits.

I'm definately going to use it BOTH for gunshots and explosions.

Glad you like it. I can definitely see the fun in it either way, whether just used as a card, or whether used as a custom rule.

You are right about custom cards. That is definitely harder to incorporate, especially since you'd want it to relatively look the same. You don't want it to be obvious that it is a custom card, or it makes it obvious to the opposing team when you have it.

I am still really thinking this would make an awesome kick off for an idea for a “Walking Dead” themed scenario. Now, I really want to make one. If only I can find the free time to think it up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies - StayPuft - 11-20-2012 09:38 PM