Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies
11-21-2012, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2012 12:46 PM by ForestRunner.)
RE: Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies
(11-18-2012 11:07 AM)scarydk Wrote:  Summoning Blasts (2 Dots - ZP)

Gunshots:
When rolling to hit with a gun item, on the roll of +3, the number rolled indicates  the distance within which the gunshot may attract the dead.

For each zombie within attraction range roll a D6. On the roll of +3 the zombie may immediately move one space (D3 spaces if it's a zombie hero). Zombies may not ignore Zombie Hunger and must move directly towards the space from where the gun was fired. A zombie may only move once per turn as a result of Summoning Blasts.

Explosions:
An explosion (dynamite or gasoline blast) may attract zombies 6 spaces away. If a gun item is used to trigger an explosion, it's only the space where the explosion occured that may be used when rolling to attract zombies, not the space from where the triggering shot was fired.

For each zombie within attraction range roll a D6. On the roll of +3 the zombie may immediately move one space (D3 spaces if it's a zombie hero). Zombies may not ignore Zombie Hunger and must move directly towards the space where the blast occured. A zombie may only move once per turn as a result of Summoning Blasts.

Hi Scary... just thought I'd drop in with some feedback on your variant - been trying out the Summoning Blasts last few nights. Bravo on the idea.

1. The gunshot idea we deem perfect. We really like the die roll for range of attraction, and mixes it up well.

2. For the explosives, we ended up dispensing with the 6 space rule, and just opened it up to the entire board for simplicity. Makes sense for when the explosion starts a fire too.

We did find strategically it changes the dynamic a lot, which is great to mix up some scenarios. Fundamentally and mechanically is all keeping within the spirit of LNoE.

I think you're on a winner with this one.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies - ForestRunner - 11-21-2012 12:45 PM