Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies
01-03-2013, 09:31 PM
RE: Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies
(01-03-2013 02:34 AM)ForestRunner Wrote:  
(01-02-2013 08:59 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  That said, thematically I think of zombies as being very animalistic. So, I could imagine them being about ready to attack somebody, then being distracted by a loud noise. I could easily see an animal doing that, even if they are a predator about to go after their prey. So, I could personally give it a pass if a zombie did it. Probably not if they were currently in the process of a fight, but with the way the turns happen, they wouldn't be anyway.

I don't know StayPuft. Animals and predators have survival instincts in the wild. They are intelligent and have keen senses, thus would be wary of noise and would even forgo a meal if threatened. Zombies don't have the intelligence to be distracted - they know nothing but flesh and brains - and this is perfectly represented in the Zombie Hunger rule.

I definitely see where you are going and can agree in large part. But, again, if we are accepting that the sound of the gunshot can attract the zombie, I would think it could also distract them.

But, again, I could definitely see this going either way. And, as I said, my personal preference would be that they not get distracted and are still subject to Zombie Hunger. I am just kind of playing Devil's Advocate, so to speak, to show how it kind of could work. I don't think of it as an intelligence thing. Just the opposite, in fact. It isn't that the zombies are intelligent enough to understand that the gunshot could mean a threat. It is that they are stupid enough to be distracted by a sudden loud noise. Kind of like how a very unintelligent creature may be distracted by a shiny object. LOL!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies - StayPuft - 01-03-2013 09:31 PM