Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies
01-03-2013, 10:25 PM
RE: Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies
(01-03-2013 09:31 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 02:34 AM)ForestRunner Wrote:  
(01-02-2013 08:59 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  That said, thematically I think of zombies as being very animalistic. So, I could imagine them being about ready to attack somebody, then being distracted by a loud noise. I could easily see an animal doing that, even if they are a predator about to go after their prey. So, I could personally give it a pass if a zombie did it. Probably not if they were currently in the process of a fight, but with the way the turns happen, they wouldn't be anyway.

I don't know StayPuft. Animals and predators have survival instincts in the wild. They are intelligent and have keen senses, thus would be wary of noise and would even forgo a meal if threatened. Zombies don't have the intelligence to be distracted - they know nothing but flesh and brains - and this is perfectly represented in the Zombie Hunger rule.

I definitely see where you are going and can agree in large part. But, again, if we are accepting that the sound of the gunshot can attract the zombie, I would think it could also distract them.

But, again, I could definitely see this going either way. And, as I said, my personal preference would be that they not get distracted and are still subject to Zombie Hunger. I am just kind of playing Devil's Advocate, so to speak, to show how it kind of could work. I don't think of it as an intelligence thing. Just the opposite, in fact. It isn't that the zombies are intelligent enough to understand that the gunshot could mean a threat. It is that they are stupid enough to be distracted by a sudden loud noise. Kind of like how a very unintelligent creature may be distracted by a shiny object. LOL!

I don't think the rule should trump zombie hunger only allow the random zombies in the distance to be attracted to the noise as well as near by ones.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies - LSD - 01-03-2013 10:25 PM