Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies
01-04-2013, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 09:00 PM by StayPuft.)
RE: Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies
(01-03-2013 10:52 PM)ForestRunner Wrote:  If a zombie could determnine a gunshot is a threat that would open up a can of worms. Surely they would be able to perceive a chainsaw, hedge trimmers or someone wielding a nice shiny cleaver as a threat as well?

If it's the Walking Dead theme you're striving for, remember the scenes in the CDC bunker in season 1 with the brain activity patterns - this concluded non intelligence... which is also consistent to the LNoE rules where it explicitly states zombies are in fact a mindless bunch.

No, I said that, in my view, they CANNOT interpret a gunshot as a potential threat. In my view, the possible way to thematically explain that is that they are so stupid that they get distracted by the loud sound. It is similar to how I personally thematically explain the Zombies with Grave Weapons you get in one of the expansions. They aren't smart enough to know that what they have is a weapon, they just mindlessly grabbed it at some point to swing around and club at somebody with, and may just happen to get lucky and actually wind up making use of it. (In other words, a monkey may not know what a knife is, but I still wouldn't recommend hanging around if the monkey picked one up.)

Again, though, I actually agree with you. Just kind of saying how you could potentially argue it the other way. Personally, I would agree with you that the zombie would NOT be distracted. If anything, if they were about to attack a human and the gunshot, or other loud noise, were RIGHT THERE where they are, they might get distracted for a second, but then they would go right back to their attempted meal. Granted, maybe that few seconds of distraction could allow the human to get free, but I personally wouldn't imagine the zombie getting distracted from their would-be meal for more than a second or two.

But, I also agree that, setting aside the thematic nature of the game itself, Zombie Hunger is one of the most important (not to mention most fun) aspects of the game. So, thinking of it just as a board game prospective, I'd also agree against the idea of breaking from that in any way, unless it were something in official Flying Frog cannon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies - StayPuft - 01-04-2013 08:58 PM