Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!
05-17-2009, 01:43 AM
RE: ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!
Sárku Wrote:But, I played a solo game of COD and finished up Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. That game was fun but it was a little underwhelming.

Good times. Maybe I'll see you guys online next week.

I was completely disappointed with Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I bought it because I was a fan of the first two X-Men Legends games and thought it was going to be the same but with a slew of crappy MU characters. Well it certainly had the crappy characters, but it's not the same. They completely dumbed down the customization of leveling up characters from XML2. Not only that, but the fact that each time you unlock a character, they start on the default of automatically spend points. So by the time you go to switch it to manual, there is a handful of points already permanently wasted in some skills you may not even want since you can't remove the first skill point. That was just an idiotic idea. Why not make everyone start on manual and then if you're the kind of person who has trouble remembering how to spell your own name you can switch it to automatic. And even the way you get health and energy orbs was simplified to the point that it seems that the game is designed for Ages 4-8. Add to the fact that the roster is chock full of the characters who were completely useless and unpopular back when I was a reader of Marvel and the whole thing comes off as disappointing.

I don't know if it's because of all the above, but my friend and all also felt that the levels were very unenjoyable, too. If they had taken the advanced gameplay of XML2 and given it a bit more variety of locale as in XML1, it might have been interesting. Instead they slapped a coat of mediocrity over it and made it simple enough that anyone who had received massive brain trauma could also play AND be disappointed by it. Needless to say my friend and I have no intentions of getting MUA2.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! - zombie67 - 05-15-2009, 07:07 PM
RE: ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! - supervike - 05-15-2009, 09:51 PM
RE: ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! - zombie67 - 05-16-2009, 11:41 AM
RE: ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! - Sarku - 05-16-2009, 05:20 PM
RE: ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! - n107 - 05-17-2009 01:43 AM
RE: ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! - supervike - 05-19-2009, 04:41 PM
RE: ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! - n107 - 05-17-2009, 01:32 AM
RE: ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! - deadrabbit - 05-18-2009, 09:59 PM
RE: ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! - Sarku - 05-19-2009, 05:01 PM